Strengths, Challenges, Opportunities, and Habits or Tendencies
- What skills, education, connections, etc. do you have that gives you an advantage?
- What do you do really well at that others have difficulty doing?
- What values do you believe in and show that most people fail to do?
Think about how others perceive you in the workplace and at the university. Has anyone complimented you on a certain behavior, project, etc. and it might help to ask someone if you are having a hard time coming up with an answer or try doing an online search.
- What tasks do you usually put off, because you don’t want to complete it or do not feel comfortable completing.
- What are some of your bad habits that affect your ability to complete tasks or job responsibilities?
- Do you have characteristics that would prevent you from performing your job responsibilities?
Think about this from your own perspectives the other’s perspective of you and just remember to be realistic. If you want you can password protect this page too!
- Do you have access to technology that can help you achieve your goals or can you get support online that you wouldn’t have otherwise?
- Is there a specific field that is growing that could provide you opportunities in the future?
- Do you attend networking events (conferences, events, clubs) or participate in networking (online networking), or ask your friends, colleagues, or mentors to connect you with people in your field?
Habits and/or Tendencies
- What barriers do you have at work or at the university that could keep you from being successful?
- Do you have others who are competing with you for a job or an opportunity?
- Could any of your habits and/or tendencies keep you from being successful in a job or from reaching your goals?
Doing this analysis could reveal information that needs to be mapped out to identity problems and actions that need to be done in order for you to reach your goals and be successful.
Adapted from the Mindtools SWOT Analysis tool.